MBA Admissions update effective August 2020: MBA Candidates applying to our Spring 2021, Summer 2021, or Fall 2021 term of entry may request to be evaluated for an entrance exam score waiver based on the logistical difficulties of testing as a result of the current pandemic. Please note waivers are not guaranteed. Candidates who are not approved for an entrance exam waiver will have the option to place their application on hold giving them an opportunity to sit for an exam. Please email your request to be evaluated for a waiver to email@example.com only after submitting your application including all supporting documentation. Waivers are limited and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Application Process for PMBA Evening Cohort, PMBA Flex and PMBA Online
The Professional Evening Cohort MBA program starts a new class each fall. The Professional Flex MBA and Professional Online MBA program can be started in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.
Applicants for the Professional MBA programs must complete the following application requirements to be considered for admission into the degree program. Incomplete files will not be reviewed. Please note applicants for the MS/MBA program apply following MS program admission requirements. Students interested in combining the Professional Evening MBA Cohort program with an MS degree will not apply to the MS program until they are already admitted to the MBA program.
Complete an online application and submit the $50 application fee. An application is considered complete/ready for review once all supporting documents have been received by our office.
International applicants: Learn more about additional requirements, deadlines and fees that may affect you.
- Upload digital copies of your unofficial test scores and transcripts from all universities attended using the online application. Review documentation guidelines for instructions.
- Mail your official documents only after you are admitted, or processing delays may result and you will not be able to register for classes.
- Pay the application fee(s).
- Consult the program to which you are applying for additional admission and documentation requirements. Request letters of recommendation using the online application.
3. Entrance Exam
GMAT/ GRE scores no more than five years old (Our GRE School Code is R6897). The UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management prefers the GMAT admission test; however, we accept the GRE test as well. GMAT codes can be found here. Any candidate who has already obtained a PhD or a U.S.-based MD, JD or PharmD may request a GMAT/GRE exam wavier; please email copies of your official transcripts and professional résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, be sure to identify the specific MBA program in which you are interested.
High-achieving Professional MBA candidates may request a GMAT/GRE waiver if they have obtained:
- Their undergraduate degree from UT Dallas (regardless of their major) and achieved a cumulative GPA at or above 3.500.
- Their undergraduate degree from a university with an AACSB-accredited business school (regardless of their major) and achieved a cumulative GPA at or above 3.600.
- Their graduate degree from a university with an AACSB-accredited business school (regardless of their degree’s area of focus) and achieved a cumulative GPA at or above 3.600.
- Waivers are not guaranteed
To apply for the waiver, please email your request to email@example.com with your applicable criteria and application ID number. Applications must be complete except for entrance exam (GMAT/GRE score) for consideration.
4. English Proficiency Exam
All international students are required to provide proof of English proficiency.
Official English proficiency test (TOEFL or IELTS).
One professional letter of recommendation from current or past employers, community leaders, former professors, or others. Letters are to be submitted through the online application system.
The Professional MBA program requires one essay. All essays are described in the online application system (300-500 words).
Upload a detailed résumé of all work history into the online application system. Only fully employed professionals are eligible for our Evening Cohort program.
Interviews are by invitation only for our Evening Cohort candidates. Professional Flex and Professional Online candidates will not be interviewed.
The MBA Admission Committee reviews and considers applications for the Professional Evening Cohort program in rounds. Applications received after the final deadline for the specific term of entry will be considered on a rolling basis should seats remain available.
Applications for the Professional Flex and Online programs are considered on a rolling basis.
|Fall||May 1||Day prior to Classes begin|
|Spring||October 1||Day prior to Classes begin|
|Summer||March 1||Day prior to Classes begin|
The Naveen Jindal School of Management awards some merit-based scholarships to new and continuing Professional MBA students in the fall and spring semesters. Please be aware that Professional MBA candidates must submit a GMAT or GRE score to be eligible for new student scholarships in the Jindal School. Visit the JSOM scholarships page to view the requirements and apply.
In addition to scholarships, students may apply for financial aid through the UT Dallas Office of Financial Aid.
Steps After Admission
- Log-in to Orion to accept or decline admission in the Student Center section.
- Evening Cohort candidates: All Evening Cohort MBA candidates have 10 days after receiving your admission letter to accept or decline the offer and to submit payment of the $500 seat fee to reserve your seat in our class.
- The seat fee does not function as a deposit against tuition. It is a programming fee to pay for extra-curricular events.
- All Flex/Online candidates: Submit payment of the $100 seat fee to reserve your seat in our class.
- The seat fee is an enrollment fee and does not function as a deposit against tuition.
- If accepted, we recommended accepting admission immediately as it will take 24 to 48 hours to matriculate. Once matriculated and your seat fee is paid, you will receive an email detailing your next steps for course registration.
- Review your Hold and To-Do List in Orion for any outstanding documents, required orientations and new student holds.
- All new MBA students meet with the Student Services Department in the MBA Program Office.
- Attend orientation. You will receive additional information regarding orientation closer to your term of entry.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns