Questions and Answers About Requirements, Qualifications and Procedures to Apply for Admission
Read about the different program requirements and application procedures to start the process.
Find the graduate admissions application here
- Full-Time MBA: $100 for domestic (US Citizens/Permanent Residents) applicants, $150 for international applicants.
- Professional MBA: $50 for domestic (US Citizens/Permanent Residents) applicants, $100 for international students.
- UTD alumni, military veterans, and current service members are exempt from paying the application fee.
Please visit the Admission Requirements and Tuition Page for a list of our application deadlines.
Please visit the page for more information on waivers.
Yes. UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management prefers the GMAT admission test. However, we gladly accept the GRE test as well.
Yes, you must take either the GMAT or the GRE unless you qualify for a waiver (visit the Application Differences section on requirements page)
No. At this time, we only admit one class per year, starting in the Fall semester.
Please visit the MBA Admission Requirements and Tuition page for more information.
You may submit one letter of recommendation through our online application. If your recommender provided you with a hard copy, you may mail it to The University of Texas at Dallas: Admission and Enrollment Services ROC11, 800 W Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080-3021.
You also may email your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit all unofficial documents for review directly into the online application. You must mail all official certified, signed, or stamped transcripts after admission to Admission and Enrollment Services.
- We require transcripts from your degree-granting institution, as long as you completed your last 60 hours there. If not, please submit all prior transcripts.
- If you are an international applicant, we accept unofficial copies of your transcripts and degree certificate. You need to send official, attested copies directly from your graduating institution. Though we do not require them until before enrollment, please be prepared to provide English translations of your transcripts and degree certificates (if applicable).
- If you are requesting a GMAT/GRE waiver because you already have a doctoral degree, please also submit the relevant transcripts. Unofficial copies are acceptable.
Send your documents to
The University of Texas at Dallas
Admission and Enrollment Services ROC11
800 W Campbell Rd
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
- We don’t have a minimum.
- The average GMAT score for the Full-Time MBA program class of 2017 is a 670, with 80% of our accepted candidates in the 650-700 range.
- GMAT scores average 550-700 for our Professional MBA program. The class of 2018 Professional Evening Cohort program’s average GMAT score is 618.
We don’t have a minimum. Average GRE scores range from 310-330 for all MBA programs.
No, we take your highest score.
No. Each year, 5-10% of our incoming class has less than two years of experience after college.
*Professional Evening Cohort applicants must be fully-employed to be considered for admission.
Attend an admission event. Please visit the MBA Calendar for a list of upcoming events.
Full-Time Student or Working Professional?
Jump right in to a full-time experience that will allow you time to really research what you want to do and engage in that world with companies, alumni, and faculty.The Full-Time MBA